Saturday 18 March 2017

Shop my Stash: Stays and Gos #1

Hey Readers,
I hope this post finds you well. Today I am here with something slightly different post this week but one I am hoping that you will all enjoy. For the last couple of weeks I like many others have been on the declutter my makeup band wagon. While I have done many times before this time I found many products were easy to put in my goodbye pile and then there where some products that I just did not know about. I wasn't sure why I was keeping them but at the same time had no reason to say goodbye to them either. So I put them into my makeup rotation and to keep me motivated to change things up and try them again posted both a photo of the products, then how I used them in face of the days on instagram (@makeupscience). To see once and for all, what they where like once again, why I don't pick them up as much as I could/should and finally answer the question of stay or go???
So without much more chat here are the results....

Stay!!
Loreal Revitalift Magic Blur
I have used this on and off for so long some days I love it and feel it blurs every imperfection I've got going other days it feels like I never put it on!! The reason its staying though is that I do feel it helps to keep my makeup last longer and thats the primary reason I still keep picking it up again.



Maybelline NY Bricks Bronzer 01 Blondes 
Now this is the newest member to my collection and it didn't wow me enough initially to stay in my rotation and not end up back in a storage draw. The bronzer is quite light and just doesn't give the finish that I prefer but on a day that I just want to use something without much effort on my part its perfect. The reason its truly staying and it surprises me to say this is the highlight!! This soft peachy pink highlight give the perfect amount of glow to the cheeks its blendable,  buildable and despite the fact I don't regularly put highlight on for work this week its been on my cheeks most days!!



Australis Face-a-holic Touch and Glow 
This is a purchase from way back and probably should have been used up a long time ago. Now early in the week I worked out the reason this has been in my draw for a long time. The highlight I just don't use its too frosty for my preference and too light for my complexion and the blush is bright pink and not really my perfect colour but the reason I hold onto it is the use I get out of the middle section which is Australis' pressed powder in deep natural its a great setting powder for everyday I love that it blends beautifully, gives coverage and doesn't cake!!



Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent 
This powder has seen better days after it was dropped and repressed into the pan but it still gives the beautiful finish it always did and I still love it as an all over powder to give a soft glow to the face.



Go!!
Rimmel Good to Glow 003 Soho Glow
This just wasn't the product I was looking for I really thought it would be as good as the insta flawless but I don't really feel like it does much. Whether I have used it under foundation, mixed with foundation or on its own I just don't get the glow from within I have been wanting.



Crop Natural Mineral Pressed Bronzer in Solaire 
I generally good bronzer but the colour is just to light and doesn't give me the warmth to my skin that I want even when concentrating my brush into the darker shades. It also has a small amount of shimmer particle when I originally thought it to be matte.



Models Prefer Multitoned Bronzer in Charmed 
To me this is more of a blush than a bronzer and while it does give a decent flush to the cheeks. Is buildable and blends out well. I just don't reach for it. 



Essence Bloom me up eyeshadow 02 rose it up
Not even sure why I bought this as I have never actually applied it to my lids its a frosty pink shadow that while its lovely I just don't use this type of shade at all.




Australis Neon Crush Blush in Love Ya Like A Sister
This double sided blush really is the perfect combination for someone like myself as usually I prefer a peachy pink in the warmer months and a berry toned matte in cooler months and don't get me wrong the blushes are pigmented and blendable but I just barley reach for this an so its time to go.



Nyx Dream Catcher Palette in Golden Horizons
This has been a palette I have been on the fence about for so long. While the colours are the general neutral colours that I reach for the shadows themselves just are a bit hit an miss when it comes to pigmentation and blendability. I also  find that more often than not I am only using 4 shadows out of the 10 when I do pick it up its just not a palette I love and I don't think I will miss it if it was gone. 




So that ends the Shop my stash stays and gos. I hope you enjoyed reading this and if your looking to declutter or shop your own stash I hope this gives you a bit of inspiration to find what work and what doesn't and to find the ultimate favourites in your stash!! So until next post Happy reading and happy shopping.

Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment