Saturday 16 February 2013

Beauty Joint Haul!!!


Hey Readers
Recently I purchased makeup from Beautyjoint.com and thought I would share my experience and what I bought with you today. After hearing about this website from a few beauty guru's on youtube (misstango2, heyyjune) I decided to have a look. I was really after the elf blush bronzer duos that I've heard a lot about but had been sold out when I last bought from the elfcosmetics.com.au website. They had them and at a good price so after adding the to my cart I went and looked for more!!! 

Beauty Joint being an american company offers a lot of makeup brands we can't easily get in Australia if at all. Brands include NYX, Jordana, Wet n Wild and Milani just to name a few. They also do everything at American prices so its a lot cheaper then makeup here at home. Now I do want to point out that given its coming from America and with all online shopping you do have to consider shipping particularly when getting makeup online. It sometimes can see you spending more than what the item costs just to get it to your door. Beauty joint have weight based shipping which is more expensive than most flat rate so I do advice put all your wanted items in your cart and calculate the shipping so you can modify your order if needed. I do have to say though it is quite reasonable I divided the shipping cost by the number of products I had chosen and it still meant I was getting items a lot cheaper than other websites or here at home. Shipping is also quite fast I just got the basic and from the day I ordered to the day I received was only 13 days pretty fast given most of the time you wait anywhere between 4-6 weeks!!! 

Ok so onto the good stuff and what I bought....


Starting with ELF or Eyes Lips Face. Now I know that you can get ELF from their Australian website (www.elfcosmetics.com.au) and as of 2012 they have reduced their prices so we are not paying heaps more than our international friends. But as I wanted to get my hands on their most popular blush bronzer duo which seemed  to be always out of stock I jumped at the chance to get them and at reasonable price I also found there are three different versions two of which I cannot yet find on our Aussie site. 

elf Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer.
The first shade is listed as St Lucia but as far as I can tell this is the original version and only one found on our Aussie website. The blush is a peachy pink and contains a gold glitter, the bronzer a medium tone and also contains the gold glitter of the blush. 




The second shade is Antigua the blush in this duo is more of a bright hot pink blush partnered with a darker more chocolatey bronzer.


I also decided to get a few elf accessories I have been wanting to try their brushes and thought I would get pick up their blush brush its a little flatter than I thought but I do like the pointed tip which I might try to use for contouring. I also picked up the elf shine eraser oil blotting sheets I have only used one other brand before and wanted to given something else a go they are also $2 for 50 so a bargain really. 



NYX 
I have not been able to find reasonably priced NYX items for a while so took the opportunity to pick up a few items that I had on my wish list!!! 
This light matte bronzer is one I have been eyeing for a while. I really enjoy using matte bronzers for contouring. I also enjoy the knowledge that I can add blush and/or highlight without being overly glittery and shimmery.









NYX Blush and Bronzer Combo in the shade Sunrise in Bali. 
This duo is similar in colour the the elf St Lucia but the NYX is defiantly finer the glitter particles less noticeable giving more of a sheen. (could not get these photos aligned sorry)






NYX Bohemian chic Nude Matte Collection 
I picked this up as I have been looking for matte shadows I do not mind a shimmer and glitter. But from time to time I want a matte shade for the crease, brow bone or transition colour most palettes usually only have one or two and usually a light shade or black. This I felt will give me endless options and also comes with two matte blushes. I'm really excited to give this a go see how it compliments with my other neutral palettes and try some more subtle no shimmer looks as well.

Milani 
The first item I picked up is a powder mosaic blush in the shade Sweet cheeks the colour is mix of soft pinks and gives a beautiful sheen. Being a mosaic also means you can tailor the colour and use as a blush or highlight.




I also got an Illuminating face powder which as per the packaging says it can be used as a highlighter, blush and bronzer. I got the shade 01 Amber Nectar its a peachy tone that gives a beautiful sheen and again being a mosaic you can tailor the colour. 


Jordana
Was particuraly excited to see this brand available I have watched many you tube videos which include the folowing two items and I cannot wait to try!!! The Jordana Fabuliner liquid eyeliner pens in 01 Black and 02 Brown, I got both as I use black eyeliner as a general rule but after seeing the brown is quite pigmented I decided to pick it up as well. The tips are quite thick at the base but thin at the end!!!




I also picked up a colour tint blush stick in the shade 04 Coral touch this was a bit of an impulse buy as it was only $3 I just have seen a lot of these retractable cream blushes being released recently and wanted to give one a try. I usually prefer a powder blush so I am interested to see how is best to apply, how long it lasts and colour payoff. 

Wet n Wild 
Again you tube has told me a lot about this brand and for our american beauties this brand is quite popular. I picked up an eyeshadow trio in the colour walking on eggshells it may only be three shades but I feel it will lend itself to multiple looks as well as complement other shadows I own. I also got  blush in the colour mellow wine this is a deep pink/red with not too much shimmer. Both items are highly pigmented and I cannot wait to try.  



Ok so thats it!!! I cannot wait to try all of these items and be able to tell you a bit more about them. I am also excited that I have been able to share a website online were you can get reasonably priced makeup in brands that aren't easily accessible here in Australia. I highly recommend beauty joint.com while shipping may be variable its fast so you don't have to wait too long for your goodies!!! 

Hope this post finds you well!!!
Ever.

1 comment:

  1. 13 days? That's amazing! Really great haul! Drooling over these drugstore gems

    ReplyDelete