Friday 22 February 2013

Lust Have It February and January Review

Hey Readers, 
Its that time again my new months Lust Have It box has arrived and its time to review the box that was. I really enjoyed January box have given all thee products I received and my full review is below.....  

Lust Have It January Review


Nude by Nature BB 5-in-1 Miracle Cream in light

As I said in my last post was really excited to see this BB cream included and full size ment that I could try it a few different ways particularly given that the light shade wasn't a perfect match for me!! I did enjoy giving it a go, I found it worked well under powder with no cakeyness or blotching and hydrated my skin. It also blended quite well into the skin and with concealer!! Now this is where I feel it falls down a little as a BB cream and falls slightly back into the just a good tinted moisturiser category. It was very very light on coverage and is not really buildable. For me a BB cream should have coverage and be buildable, even out the skin and lessen redness at least. Even after applying two coats, my own skin still shone through redness and darkness not evened out. It was a little disappointing but on the days were I'm not wanting a lot of makeup, extra hydration or having a good skin day. I will definitely turn to this. 

Ella Bache Great 50+ Sportsbloc Active

I was really excited to receive this given I've always looked at Ella Bache products just never had the budget to buy. I also curious about whether the the 50+ addition to sunscreen really makes a difference. To get maximum use out of this sample I did decant it from the sachet to a bottle just to make it easier to dispense I also didn't want to waste the generous sample of 20ml. Overall I do have to say I have mixed feelings. I really wanted this to work on my face and under my makeup while the product goes on easily is lightweight and lasts for a long time. On my face it was a bit greasy and under my makeup it meant that it just did not last and I was shiny by midday as opposed to around 3pm. Now I think this may primarily have something to do with the extra lanolin and macadamia oil included to nourish the skin and I have to admit my skin felt good but I ended up using this just on my body. On my body it went on smooth, sinking into my skin nicely and lasting a long time without feeling too greasy, smelling like sunblock or sticky at the end of a fun day out. In regards to being 50+ I did feel it lasted a little longer then my usual choice of sunscreen but I still topped up every 3-4 hours, it also seemed thicker than usual but as I have not tried any other 50+ sunscreens I have nothing to compare. Overall I have enjoyed it and as a little goes a long way I will continue to use.

Emotional Brilliance Makeup from Lush Cosmetics I received in Success say "yes" which is a silver eyeliner
Again another exciting inclusion to the box and sadly I have only swatched on my hand I do feel that it will make a great base for a smoky eye and a bit of difference over a black winged liner. I do have two engagement parties next month so am definitely planning to use it on my eyes then!!! 

Kabuki Brush by Lust Have It

Could not wait to use this one could not  believe how soft it is to touch and on the face. I was really impressed at how it distributes mineral makeup. And there has been minimal fallout and shedding. Am really hoping that lust have it expand this range I wouldn't mind a set!!! 

Klorane Shampoo and Conditioner 

As per my last past about only receiving the conditioning balm, I did receive a response from the LHI team saying that I should have received a shampoo sample and if I sent them an email I would have the extra sample sent. Sadly February has been a busy month and I never got around to!! I have however continued using the balm it smells great, is easy to apply post shampoo and leaves my hair soft and manageable I've really enjoyed it and most likely will buy the full size.

Ok so on to February's LHI box despite this box arriving late this month I have to say that it arrived quicker then I thought I usually post email wait up to five days to receive my box this time it only was about three. 




Summer Tan by Mancine Self Action Tan-Dark recieved 250ml which is full size
This is a self tanning lotion that just by unscrewing the top to look at the product it looks quite dark but I am willing to give it a go despite the fact I've never really self tanned before. 




Styli Style L3 Timeless Lipstick recieved on which is full size.

I am really interested to try this lipstick after reading the card it explains that this is a non drying, long lasting and hi shine lipstick. Eternal Flame is the colour I recieved its a vibrant pink that is a little brighter than the  colours I usually wear bright but true to the description it is definetly shiny and long lasting.





Lon Vitalite C9 Crystal Moisturising Hand Mask recieved 1 pair which is full size

This product is a pair of cloth gloves that are designed to give the hands a full cleansing and detoxifying treatment. It takes around 20-30minutes so will have to set aside some me time for this one.




The Naural Source Camouflague Colour Nail Lacquers recieved a 12ml full size

in Ivy.
These polishes are toluene and petrochemical free, they are coloured with natural dyes and are said to last 10 days without chipping. Cannot wait to put this metallic green to the test!!!





Overall from just looking at the products on their own it didn't seem to be as as exciting as previous boxes we have received from LHI. But unpacked and opened I am really interested to give these products a go. Chip test the polish, try something new with the self tan lotion and will see if a bright pink lipstick suits me!!! all while grabbing some me time with the hand mask. Overall a great box will see how all these products go.

Ever.









No comments:

Post a Comment