Saturday 23 February 2013

Mascara Madness #2

Hey Readers,
If you follow me on instagram (Makeupscience) you would have seen the photo below and know that this post was on its way. If not I will explain....
At the start of the month I posted a photo of three mascaras saying I was going to try for the month then give a verdict of how they went and whether I would recommend. I may not post one of these every month but I am going to try and do this regularly  Mascara is always something I'm turning over I do enjoy trying something new so wanted to share my thoughts....



Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Mascara Cat Eyes
Now this is a mascara I used to use a lot of ages ago and then it went off the market I could not find it anywhere. It was at Christmas when Maybelline brought out their Christmas packs that I saw this mascara with and eyeshadow and lipstick I snapped it up. Since then I also have found them at CFD (Cosmetics Fragrances Direct) singularly and also recently noticed that this version is once again on the Maybelline stands in Priceline and Coles just in a waterproof version. For this mascara ts really is all in the brush its slim has short bristles and is curved. This means it coats, lifts and separates the lashes with ease, being slim line its easy to also give your bottom lashes the same treatment and with very little clumping. I don't really get a lot of volume from this mascara as the name suggests but it gives my lashes the most amazing lift and length my lashes really frames my eyes. It takes so little effort to get such great results I really enjoy using this one and recommend giving it a go.




The Balm What's Your Type Black Mascara in Tall, Dark and Handsome.
Again I picked this up in a Christmas pack I really wanted to try the highlighter that was in it and for the price of that I got the mascara and a lipgloss as well. Now this mascara definitely gives length and darkens the lashes. The brush is rubber with short spikes and does taper slightly making it easy to get right into the inner corner lashes as well as catching the bottom ones as well. This formula is a little thicker than a lot of other mascaras I have used. It also is quite a wet formula which does take a little to get used to. Right after application I can feel it on my lashes and have to wait a second for it to dry  but apart from that it gives lashes natural looking length with little clumps. Given this one is from the Balm a brand that produces some really interesting products there really is no huge WOW factor I would expect for a high end mascara and I probably wont pay the $24 dollars to repurchase.




Covergirl Lashblast Fusion
I bought this mascara when it was on sale at Woolworths they had a promotion that all the Covergirl mascaras were $10. I couldn't decide between the volume and length versions so went with the fusion to get the best of both worlds surprisingly you actually get both!!! This really has become a go to mascara its thick short rubber bristled wand which coats lashes with ease and results of volume and length are almost instant. For me its one of those mascaras you can apply without thinking with lashes left natural looking just with a little bit more definition. I really have enjoyed using this one on the days I have very simple eye makeup on or the days I am wearing mascara on its own. The volume and length really gives the best of both worlds in the one mascara.




Ok so that ends my second edition of mascara madness I really have enjoyed trying these mascaras and writing this post so I hope you enjoyed reading and it helps with your next mascara purchase. Please follow me on instagram and like my facebook page both are under MakeupScience. Also feel free to leave me a mascara recommendation or your thoughts on any I have reviewed.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment