Friday 1 March 2013

February Favorites

Well Readers its that time again!!! Another month has flown and its time for the favorites that have been in the makeup bag for most of the month!!! Feb has gone so quick its been hard to work out all the things I've really enjoyed in this month alone but I have worked out my selection and it is as follows....





Face of Australia Purifying Cleaning Wipes
I was originally introduced to these by one of my beauty box subscriptions. I am a makeup wipes fan so was really happy to give a brand I had not used before a go. $4.95 for 25 wipes is also extremely good value. What I love about these ones is that there not too wet and they don't leave a residue on the skin post makeup removal and they remove makeup including liquid eyeliner easily without any serious rubbing.




Natio Renew Radiance Foam Cleanser
I have used this cleanser for a while but as I receive so many samples it often gets pushed to the back of the shelf in the shower so I can give a sample a go. But somehow I always find myself coming back to this one its creamy and lightly scented and foams up beautifully gets rid of makeup, excess oil and any other build up on my face. It is also reasonably priced.



Lucas' Pawpaw Ointment
This month I have used this primarily as a lip treatment. My lips have been really dry and flaky and we are coming into the cold and drier times so I thought I would try and get a head start. I use in combination with the carmex original balm, At night I first put a thin layer of the carmex on then over the top a layer of pawpaw ointment. In the morning my lips are so moisturised and soft with dryness and flaking reduced. It also lasts a lot longer on the lips then a regular lip balms so has been good for use during the day keeping my lips hydrated and not having to be reapplied every five minutes. Paw paw ointment can also be used on scratches and scarpes, as well as rashes and even pimples it helps to heal these ailments and helps also minimise scaring and I have to say I was stunned when I'd seen a post on the Bellabox facebook page recently sadly a subscriber was dissapointed about recieving a tube of pawpaw ointment in her box. Saying that pawpaw ointment was a product only worthy of being used on nappy rash!!!! Its good for so much more and is so resonably priced  I  recommend you give a try and see.



Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer Duo
This is a product that has been on the wishlist for a while and I was so happy when it arrived in my beauty joint order. I have pretty much used it ever since. This duo is so pigmented and a light tap goes a long way. The bronzer is slightly dark so I do have to use it sparingly and blend well but layered with the blush it really works. I also really enjoy the blush on its own as well.




Covergirl LashBlast Fusion
I know I have been switching between three mascaras this month but this really has been the one I've really enjoyed.  It's volume and lengthening formula goes on so easily you get great results with no clumps or flakes and it gives a natural look with so little effort.



Chi Chi Glamorous Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
Another wishlist item that I finally found and had to snap up!!! I travel with my makeup and theres not much room in my cosmetics bag so having a palette that fits in my makeup bag has also been really handy. Being hailed as the dupe for the urban decay naked palette I've really enjoyed creating different looks and researching looks based on urban decays version I could try out. These shadows are also really soft and pigmented working well dry and wet. This palette will probably make a few more favorites posts!!!!



Physicans Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Powder Bronzer
Before my elf blush bronzer duo arrived this was my go to bronzer and despite its little bit of shimmer it just leaves a beautiful sheen on the skin. I really enjoy using it for contouring as well as all over my face. Swirling my brush all over the pan and sweeping it on. It is great on its own to warm up the face or paired with a soft toned pink blush.



Bourjois Blush 32 Ambre D'OR
This peach toned blush is rose scented and has a beautiful gold glitter swirled through. I really enjoy using this blush as a highlighter and often also layer it over matte blushes when I feel like sparkle but the colour of the other blush.




Bic Solei Razor
This may seem a little bit of a random inclusion but these razors have really impressed me this month. Usually I will use mens razors as I find womens ones always have more soapy slippery scented extras that the razors themselves just don't do the job. But the yellow specials tags got the better of me and I picked these ones up. They are as good as the mens ones I've previously used they glide easily and the blades seem sharper than other razors my legs are smooth in seconds.



So that's it for February I hope your month has gone well and I'll talk to you in March!!!

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment