Friday 29 March 2013

March Favorites



Hey Readers,

Hope this post finds you well and Happy Easter hope the Easter bunny has been good to you!!!!! This month has gone quite quickly but I have managed to try a few new things as well as rediscover some old favorites I had stashed away....... I have collected and bought a lot of makeup over the last year. So I decided at the start of the month that I will spend the next couple of months using what I already own, try those items that I've bought but not opened, rekindling old loves, but also making room for new items to come. I also am trying to use up products that are ok, ones that I don't love to bits or products that really are in need to be used up before they expire. I still have bought a few new things and a couple have made this months favs!! SO here goes....



Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lash Blast in Black Brown
I picked this up when I saw it for $10 at Big W just after it had been released. Little did I realise that I'd picked up the black brown and not the black but this mascara does not disappoint  It is also worth all the hype that has surrounded it. Not only does it not clump but it also gives volume and length to the lashes, the curve of the wand and short bristles on the brush not only catch the all the top lashes but the bottom ones as well setting quite quickly and have not had it flake even in the hot weather. I am so impressed and when I saw it marked down at Priceline I did buy the black version!!!




Rimmel Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder in the shade Silky Beige 005
I bought this after hearing a lot of good reviews but had not opened simply because I already had two other pressed powders on the go. I have and extremely oily T zone and depending on the foundation I either need to blot post application before I powder or make sure I blot and re powder half way through the day just too keep the shiny line down my nose in control. So with a few long days ahead of me and very little time for touch ups I decided to open this one up and give it a go. It definitely does the job extending the time before I need to touch up it also gives coverage were applied, its extremely smooth and silky easily applied. I also enjoy using it over the top of my Garnier BB cream all over buffed in with a real techniques buffing brush. 






Milani Illuminating Face Powder in the shade 01 Amber Nectar 
This all in one powder not only looks cute in the pan but also is a go to all in one product. Able to be used as a blusher, bronzer or highlighter its peach tones and gold shimmer give a beautiful glow on the cheeks. I have layered it over matte blushes as a highlight but I do just love putting it on on its own negating the need for anything else. 





Ulta3 Easy Wear Blush in the shade Cashmere
This coral toned blush that I have had in my stash for a while it is extreamly pigmented and gives amazing colour pay off with the lightest touch of the brush. It does have shimmer and is another blush this month that just works on its own no need for bronzer or highlighter giving colour and a beautiful glow with very little effort. 


Left swatch is Ulta3 in Cashmere
 Right is Milani Amber Nectar



Savvy by DB Lipstick in the shade Nude
I am not a lipstick wearer usually but wanting to get into the game so I decided to start small and work my way up!! I didn't want to pay a lot of money given I really had little idea of what colours would suit. Savvy by DB is a line exclusive to Priceline and is a brand that despite the low price point has really decent quality. Now this lipstick isn't as mosturising as I would like but the shade is just perfect for my skin not too pink or brown toned it really is a my lips but better or MLBB shade I don't feel that my lips stand out and it pairs well with most eye looks it is also quite long lasting.



Maybelline Baby Lips Love Colour in the shade Berry Crush
Again after hearing a good review I thought I would give this new version of the colour baby lips a try. Its a rosy red tint that gives just a small amount of colour to the lips. These are really mosturing and long lasting not needing constant reapplication. 



Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Golden Rule
I recieved this in Febuary's Bellabox and think I have worn it ever since!!! Its the perfect gold glitter that works on the fingers and the toes the glitter itself it fine and dense you only need one coat and the entire nail is covered in glitter and its subtle enough to be on everyday while being a perfect quick mani before a night out. The wide brush of this polish also makes it easy to apply and it dries really quick. I also found that it lasts about 6-7 days without chipping!!!!



Thats all the items that have really impressed this month and I will be shopping my stash a bit more to find some more favorties and rekindle old loves in the months to come!!! Happy Easter and Ill talk to you soon.

Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment