Saturday 16 March 2013

March Bellabox and February Review

March Bellabox has arrived so its time to review box that was. Feb's box was given the valentines theme with items to help one get ready for a great night out my review of all the months products is below.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls Curl Perfecting Spray
Did not really have a whole lot of luck with this product I just don't think it was made for me and my hair given its long and straight and won't hold curl for any product. I still like the brand have have enjoyed past products this one just isn't for me.  

Batiste Dry Shampoo
OK So I know I said I wasn't a dry shampoo user but by chance I did find myself in need this product recently a Friday night event and no time to wash my hair this product was my answer but as a result I feel these products are not really for me. I did not really like the smell nor did I really feel my hair looked any better then before I started spraying, my hair is quite oily as well so feel this product really does nothing for me.

U Skin Solutions Clean and Go Exfoliating Gel Cleanser
Really enjoyed giving this one a go I was excited by a product that cleansed and exfoliated in one. It smelt really fresh with the inclusion of tea tree oil and cleansed the skin well. The only disappointing thing was I didn't really feel the bamboo bead exfoliation so it felt more of a cleanser rather than a exfoliator. I would have considered purchasing but it is a touch on the expensive side at $30 a bottle.

Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse
I am still intrigued by this product and its so many uses. The smell is amazing and so far I've really enjoyed using it in my hair. I have a rather oily scalp so have really concentrated mid length to the ends where my hair is drier. This oil soaks in nicely with no greasy feel. My hair feels softer, smooth and tangles less. While still being manageable. Will continue to use.

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure
I have really enjoyed using this polish its just the perfect amount of glitter coverage and this gold goes with everything. One coat is just enough while two coats makes fingers and toes really stand out from the crowd. I also love how long it lasts without chipping!!!! Love love love!!!!

Banana Boat Sport SPF30+
A good all rounder this sunblock its 4 hours water resistant, 30+ and has really good coverage without being overly oily, greasy and leaving you smell like sunblock after a day out in the sun.

March Bellabox
Bellabox have gotten in early this month with Easter at the end of the month they have given their box the theme of delicious beauty an Easter treat minus the chocolate!!!



Ocean Essence Coconut Body Milk recieved 20ml which is a full size product
This is a light weight moisturiser that is non greasy, dries quickly and soaks into the skin without feeling sticky  it does smell a lot like coconut. The smell isn't my most favorite so I probably wont use it all over my body but I will certainly keep this one on hand.



Simuolive Olive Hydrating Shower gel recieved a 50ml sample full size is 250ml
I'm excited with this inclusion to the box I don't mind a good shower gel this one is infused with olive oil and natural spring water so naturally based, good for the skin. The smell is quite reasonable so can't wait to try.



Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT recieved a 1ml sample size full size is 100ml 
I am always slightly apprehensive about perfume samples as very few smell that great on my skin but this one is quite a light scent not too over powering even when first applied and it wears quite well will enjoy giving this one a few more goes.




The next two products really have excited me and I really like the fact BB have not only included two colour products but have taken the time to pair then up making them a good lip duo. 

Designer Brands Lip Pencil in the colour Nude recieved a full size pencil
I am really excited about this inclusion I am getting back into wearing lipstick and thought I would need to buy a lip pencil. This is a pink tone nude and it goes on so smoothly and easily. I also like the inclusion of the sharperner in the lid as I do travel with my make up a lot this will be handy.  



Yes to Carrots C Me Shine Lip Gloss in Playful Nude recieved a full size product.
Again an exciting inclusion and I am really liking the fact that this pairs with the pencil giving me an instant everyday lip duo I don't even have to think about. This gloss goes on smooth and lasts it isn't as pigmented as it looks in the tube but given I don't usually wear heaps of colour on my lips I'm fine with that. It does contain peppermint oil which does give the lips a slight tingle which I feel will take a little to get used too as well. Have included swatches of the gloss and lip pencil below.



Swisse Active Energy Bar recieved a full size bar.
Once again a bonus product from BB that really doesn't make a lot of sense given the theme of the box. But I am willing to try something new and hopefully this bar will taste yummy and I won't feel its an as awkward inclusion as I do now. 



So overall an interesting box for March and interested to see how these products go over the next month. Hope your having a wonderful weekend and I'll talk to you soon.

Ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment