Friday 29 August 2014

August Bellabox and July Review

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!! My Bellabox for August has finally arrived!!! I hate to rant a little here but we didn't get notification this month that boxes would be delayed and with no explanation from BB via their social media sites so I can only assume its a postal issue. However beauty boxes coming at the end of a month or into the start of the next month seems to be a bit of a trend!!! Hopefully its a once off!! And if its not going to be BB are up front and give us notification things will change!! End of rant!! Sorry!!! Any way guess I should get on with reviewing the previous box and telling you what we received in August box!!

July Review
Innoxa Skin Clear Anti Shine and Blemish Control Lotion SPF 15
This smooth easy to apply lotion has been a favourite this month. The pump dispenses just the right amount to apply and it absorbs almost instantly its almost a serum moisturiser in one. It really hydrates and helps with oil control without leaving a film or powdery residue on the skin.

Yu Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
This is still a great moisturiser even though it does smell a little like vapour rub. Its a thicker consistency but it still absorbs into the skin leaving it feeling really hydrated, soft and smooth. I acctually used this on my lips when I had the flu earlier this month and it helped soothe my dry, chapped lips.

Designer Brands Lip Butter
This was a slight disappointment this month its an ok lip balm it does the job but its a little slippery to apply and it absorbs so quickly that it left my lips feeling dry. I felt the need to be constant;y reapply. I prefer lipbalm with a bit more longevity.

Revlon Fantasy Length Self Adhesive Lashes
Once again I have failed to use these lashes despite looking at them several times and really wanting too put them on!! I even had a party late this month and had all my makeup planned and forgot about these!! Might just have to try them randomly at some point!!

theBalm How 'Bout them Apples Cheek and Lip Cream
This was the biggest surprise this month. I love the Balm products and I knew before I tried this was going to be good but just how amazing this cream is astounded me. It has great pigmentation, (a little bit goes a long way) it is so smooth to apply and it blends out so effortlessly, doesn't pull at other products on you face, doesn't make the skin feel wet or tacky it dries to a powder and it lasts all day. Pie is a pink red colour and at first I thought it would be a bit clownish for me but it blended out it giving a gorgeous glow to the cheeks really liking it am seriously considering the whole palette!!

August Bella box
So this months BB has come with the theme sport your style this was released as a sneek peek aka spoiler at the start of the month. At first I thought products for post exercise/going to the gym and did think we would end up with lip balm, dry shampoo or body spray but then the makeup junkie in me thought maybe more cosmetics and colour products that are non neutrals, bright shadow, cheek or lip stick something that pushes the boundries of any ones usual make up routine!! Looking at what I  received I was wrong on both counts!!!!



Eco tools Detailed Lip Brush received one brush
This lip brush is made from recycled aluminium and bristles are cruelty free said to help you get beautifully defined lips. I was excited when I first saw this eco tool this is a great brand but in reality I don't use lip brushes all that often so not too sure!!



Naturals Natrasan Hand Sanitiser Spray received a 28ml spray full size
This instant hand sanitiser is infused with kakadu plum and vanilla and says it will leave your hands fresh and clean it is fast acting and long lasting, alcohol free. Interested to see what this smells like. While I do prefer to wash my hands however long trips and camping is usually where I find these come in handy.



Eco Tools Cellulose facial sponges received a full size pack of five.
These are plant derived sponges that are designed to give the face a deep clean removing all traces of dirt and makeup. Have not used a product like this in a long time so am interested to see how they work and if they can get rid of a good days makeup.



OGX Nourishing Coconut Milk Shampoo and Conditioner received two 60ml samples full size is 385ml.
This shampoo and conditioner says it will strenghthen and add elasticity to hair. It includes coconut milk and egg proteins. This is probably the only product in the box that fits the post sport thoughts I had about this box and while I do not really enjoy coconut scented products I am interested to see how  it fairs.



Maybelline Colour Show Nail Lacquer received a full size 7ml in the shade 240 Twilight Rays
A polish to make your finger tips instantly groomed and stylish. Twilight rays is a black base with a gold glitter so not my usual pick in polish but I already know that these are smooth to apply, dry quickly and have decent longevity.



Palmers Cocoa Butter 5ml sachet sample full size is 400ml
This is the bonus sample for this month and I will probably use next time I moisturise!!  



OK so that ends my sport your style BB for August.  While writing this I have been looking at other bloggers posts on what they received in their BB and I have to admit that I didn't get the most exciting products on offer this month and what we all have received from BB this month is quite mixed. But my original thoughts of what sport your style should be where correct as some have received lip balms and brightly coloured eyeshadow  so I guess this was an all encompassing sport your style theme. Overall though I am happy with what I have received and I will use most of the items and give you my thoughts next month!!!

Happy Reading and Happy Shopping
Everlynne.

No comments:

Post a Comment