Sunday 31 August 2014

Sunday Special-August Favourties

Hey Readers,
WOW another month has passed and this month has been up and down!! It started well but towards the middle I ended up with the flu and for about two weeks so doing anything special with my makeup was the last thing on my mind so I kept things pretty simple.  Hence I do not have a lot of products to talk about this month but they have been my go to and ones I wanted to share.



Elf Mineral Primer
I know I raved about this in my iherb review post but I really have been loving this product whole heatedly particularly when keeping my makeup on became a little bit of a task this month. Sneezing, coughing, hot and cold temps plus using tissue constantly do no favours to keeping makeup looking nice but this primer definitely helped and I feel it has help me look much better than I felt a lot of this month.



Maybelline Super Stay Better Skin Concealer in 03 Medium
I picked this up around the middle of the month when it went on special at Big W. Its foundation was really what I was after but with 40% off and still in the hunt for a good full coverage concealer I had to pick up this up as well. Its a great medium to full coverage concealer that this month has gotten a work out hiding the dark circles under my eyes, redness around my nose and if the flu wasn't enough this month breakouts on my chin and cheeks!!! It's creamy, bends well, doesn't crease and lasts a whole day!!



Physicans Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow in the shade Nude Glow
I have been loving this highlighting concealer this month it really has been great for brightening up under my eyes and also has been good for adding a quick glow to the cheeks when pressed for time. I really have enjoyed pairing it with the maybelline concealer to cover my dark circles then this over the top to add brightness. Its a subtle glow without the shimmer, creamy, buildable and blends well.



Models Prefer Infinite Colour Shadow Pencil in the shade What a Poser.
I have become a little addicted to purple eyeliner lately and despite the fact I already own a few (or more) I could not pass up picking up another one when I found this marked down at Priceline. Its dark enough to replace a black liner giving great definition but light enough with a little shimmer to be a pop of colour with a neutral look. The product glides on, builds and blends well and it also lasts a long time.



Urban Decay Naked 2
I know I have spoken about this a couple of times before but I cannot help but bring it up again. I love the colours of this palette and how beautifully these eye shadows go on, blend and last all day!!! Its so versatile and it doesn't matter which shade you choose they all pair together well you can create any look and its great for on the go not only do you have a range of shadows at your fingertips you also have a large mirror to help apply them!!



theBalms How 'Bout Them Apples lip and cheek cream in the shade Pie.
This was one of my favourites from July's Bellabox and probably the most used as well. Its an amazing cream product so pigmented yet so easy to apply and blend without making you look like a clown. It also is one of the first cream blushes that has last all day and I haven't needed to apply a powder blush over to prevent fading. The shimmer is so subtle that it gives a really nice glow without the glitter effect on the cheeks keeping everything looking natural.



So that ends this months favourites. I hope you have enjoyed this short and sweet post hopefully next month I will have a bit more to talk about. Untill then Happy Reading and Happy Shopping

Everlynne.



No comments:

Post a Comment