Friday 8 August 2014

*Review* iherb haul- Real techniques, e.l.f, Physican Formula




Hey Readers, 

Its been nearly a month since my iHerb order arrived and I have spent a lot of time trying all these products. I have found some new loves, re kindled with old favourites and some slight disappointments but overall  I have been loving trying new things and experimenting with different ways to use them!!!!


Real techniques


Expert Face Brush
As I said in the original post I own three of these so I new from the minute I pulled this out of the packaging I was loving it already and after using older versions for so long I had forgotten just how nice a new one is to use. It just is a perfect all round brush that with its dense bristles and dome tapered top applies, stipples and blends foundation and concealer with perfection leaving you looking flawless (could I rave any more) I recommend if you are looking for a new foundation brush that can do it all!!! 





Setting Brush

OK so my original premise for buying this one was as a replacement for my contour brush that I love using for under eye concealer but also want for bronzer and blush. I have to say I am still on the fence as to weather it will be my replacement for concealer. The brush isn't as big as the contour so it takes longer to blend out concealer and the bristles aren't as soft so its a little bit scratchy on the face it does the job though however its the first real techniques brush I haven't been completely happy with straight away.




Complexion Sponge
To be honest I have only used this a couple of times after applying foundation with a brush for so long it is taking me a bit to get used to and I don't think I have quite got the technique of using a sponge just yet. The sponge itself is really easy to use and gives a smooth flawless finish but I am finding it does soak up a bit of product. It also gives a lighter coverage so I have found that I am going over areas a lot to hide redness and blemishes etc. You really have to press/bounce product onto the skin to get everything even and a long lasting result. Like my expert face brush though it is an all in one so foundation and concealer are applied with the one tool and I like how the flat side and pointed ends mean you can get into those hard to cover areas. I just haven't worked out the best way to use it yet!! will keep trying.




e.l.f- Eyes Lips Face


Powder brush 
This flat top kabuki style brush has definitely changed my touch up routine. The flat top picks up powder perfectly allowing it to be pressed directly onto those shine affected areas. It also easily allows you to buff powder all over the face quickly with a smooth and flawless finish over a BB cream in seconds. 





Mineral Eyeshadow Primer in the shade sheer

I recently added this to my monthly favourites as from the first try I was impressed with this primer. It just applies so smoothly, blends out easily, doesn't cake or crease. Its matte and holds shadows all day long not matter how hot or cold my day is. I have really been loving the benefit of adding this to my makeup routine. 





Mineral Face Primer 

This is another primer I have been enjoying I am not sure what e.l.f put in their primers but they are really good. Again I was really impressed with this from the first try. I first used this before an afternoon/evening out it was a busy time and I didn't get a chance to look at my makeup or touch up throughout so after a couple of hours when I came home and looked in the mirror for the first time I realised that my makeup was exactly the same as when I left. I did have a little shine in my T zone but not as much as usual. It doesn't diminish my pores as much as I would like but the fact it holds makeup so well I can't complain. I also like the pump top to this bottle which gives great control to the amount of product dispensed. The product itself is clear, smooth and applies easily it does have a slightly slippery feel on the face but overall a great primer. 



Maximum Coverage Concealer in the shade beige

As I said in my original post I have been looking for a new high coverage, blendable and long lasting concealer which is the reason I chose this one and the reason I am enjoying using it. It does have a yellow undertone which helps to conceal under the eyes and its high coverage hides blemishes well. It is creamy but at the same time quite thick so a little goes a long way and you do need to take time to really blend it in.




Matte Lip Colour in the shade natural

This is a really great my lips but better colour. Soft and natural and it really does make any makeup look look a bit more glam than it really is but I have found the formula a little bit drying on its own. However combined with lip balm before applying does help. What I have really enjoyed about this one is its long lasting so touch ups are few and far between.  




Physican's Formula


Nude Wear Touch of Glow in the shade Nude Glow
This hasn't left my makeup bag since I pulled it out of its packaging and while I have a love hate relationship with this clickable pen, Its an amazing product for concealing and highlighting underneath the eyes. This liquid is the perfect consistency gliding on and blending out without creasing or sinking into lines. The trick is to click once and not keep clicking so to dispense the perfect amount of product. The pen brush also allows to precisely apply around the eyes and even down and around the nose. Overall with a bit of powder over the top my under eyes are concealed and my complexion smooth. 







Nude Wear Glowing Nude Blush in the shade Natural 

At first I found this blush a little sheer but after much experimentation I have found a couple of ways to use this that I really have been enjoying. Mixing all four squares together and sweeping all over the cheeks and temples gives a wonderful and subtle glow to the face but concentrating your brush by dabbing over certain squares and  stipple onto the cheeks gives better colour concentration and gorgeous naturally flushed cheek. Really loving this one. 



So that is all from my iHerb review I hope you enjoyed. Be sure to look up  iHerb next time your shopping for elf, physicans formula or real techniques, its a great website with great service. So until next time Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!


Everlynne.







Disclaimer: All the products bought in this haul post were bought with my own money, all opinions are my own and are 100% honest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment