Saturday 23 August 2014

Mascara Madness #7

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!! Once again I have not posted a mascara madness post for a long time and yet I have been trying out a lot of different mascaras. Post moving earlier in the year I pulled my stash of mascaras waiting to be tried from their draw and  work through them. This has been a bit of a hit and miss process with some having been left such a long time that they are simply passed there prime drying out quickly and starting to get that old mascara scent so hence not used for long. But there are a couple that have stood out and they are the ones featured in this post today. I hope you enjoy!!!



MUA Mega Volume Mascara in the shade Black/Brown 

The Pitch: This comes directly from the MUA website this mascara adds a touch of natural glamour, length and volume to your eyelashes. With a brush made of rubber and tiny little teeth evenly spaced along the head - perfect for separation and definition.

The Reality: This is the perfect mascara for volume and length whilst obtaining a natural look. As the pitch says the tiny spikes on the brush really separate the lashes and it doesn't clump even when you go for that second layer an easy mascara to apply without worrying about clumping or excess product on your lashes.




Covergirl Flamed Out Mascara in the shade black/brown.

The Pitch: Covergirl states the this mascara makes a bold statement with winged lashes that curve up and out. Try this curling mascara with a unique wire brush that coats your lashes for an instant volume boost.

The Reality: I have had a love hate relationship with this one. After not loving it intially it ended up back into the draw for a couple of weeks till I pulled it out not wanting to waste a mascara that was actually ok. After trying again I do really love that it gives volume and curl to the lashes but it doesn't wing them like other hourglass shaped wands have in the past. It gives great fullness and definition but I  find the formula quite thick so have to be careful when applying as I have often ended up with a small amount of clumping and excess product on my lashes if I swipe multiple times to quickly. 




Sportsgirl Blink Big Volumising Mascara in the shade Black

The Pitch: hmm their really isn't one!! All the Sportsgirl website says is that this is a volumising black mascara with wand applicator.

The Reality: Yep its that good no fancy what this mascara can do for your lashes pitch required. Its a great volumising formula and traditional wire brush means that it coats and seperates lashes easily you get volume and definition while still looking natural.  I have probably been using this mascara for way too long. But it really has became my go to particuarly when other mascaras are failing me. So easy to apply, no clumps or excess product and it seems to get better even when its starting to dry out. I promise that I will say goodbye after I by a new one!!!




So that ends another mascara madness, I hope you enjoyed and if your in need of a new mascara I have helped the choice a little!! I am going to try and work through my stash so we can do this again so until the next time. Happy reading and Happy Shopping.


Everlynne.


  












2 comments:

  1. Might have to try the sportsgirl macscara I do tend to avoid their brand a bit though from my experience you can find some half not bad stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have to admit the blushes I bought at the same where a bit of a fail!! But this mascara is well worth it!!!

      Delete