Saturday 2 August 2014

Sunday Special-Highlighters and Illuminators!!!

Hey Readers,
Hope Sunday finds you well.  Today I am writing the first of hopefully many posts. For a while I have been trying to post once a week with my post going up on a Saturday but I thought that it would be fun to occasionally put up a second post on the weekend on a Sunday. I call this Sunday Special as I am hoping that these posts will be something a little bit different and a bit more relaxed. An easy Sunday read!! Today's Sunday Special is a requested post. A while back on Instagram  I posted a photo asking my followers what you would like to see on my blog. I was asked to write about about Highlighters and Illuminators and How do you use them??? My answers are below!!!



Highlighters
Like the fluorescent texter you use to mark words and sentences that are important to you in a document or book. Highlighters in makeup are generally use to accentuate particular areas on the face that you wish to enhance. They include light reflecting particles aka shimmer/glitter to allow light reflection and really bring forward those areas to which they are applied. The most flattering places I find to use them are the tops of the cheek, inner corner of the eye, brow bone, bridge of the nose and above the lip. Mostly we are taking powder products however their are cream options available. Like blushes the have a varied shade range to match most skin tones or desired look form pearlescent to bronzey glow. When applying to the cheeks I do prefer to apply before my blush but most tutorials you see application will be after blush has been applied regardless they really add dimension to your makeup.




(Pictured above and swatches from bottom to top) theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer, Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow in the shade Translucent Pearl, Makeup Academy Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter, E.L.F Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder in the shade Sunkissed)

Illuminators
An illuminator is generally a liquid product that is designed to give an overall illumination the skin. For the longest time I used these as highlighters not feeling confident with using them all over but applied directly to the face before foundation or a small amount mixed with your base gives a gorgeous glow to the skin. Again shade range is varied to suit any desired look pearlecent, blush or bronzey glow. The light reflecting properties in illuminators  are a more subtle option to adding glow to the face however you can combine with a highlighter if you wish.




(pictured above from left to right- Revlon Photoready Skinlghts face illuminator in the shade 200 pink light, MeMeMe Beat the Blues in the shade Moonbeam, MeMeMe Beat the Blues in the shade Sunbeam, Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in the shade Angel Flame, Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in the shade Angel Mist, Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Illuminator in the shade Angel Glow)

That is all for this post. I had a lot of fun putting this together and I hope it helps you next time you wish to add dimension and glow to your makeup look.  If you have any other posts that you wish to see in a Sunday Special please comment below or on any of my instagram pics!!! Until next time happy reading and happy shopping!!!

Everlynne.








No comments:

Post a Comment