Saturday 6 September 2014

No Time to Shine Skin Care Edition

Hey Readers,
Hope this post finds you well. I make it no secret that I have oily/combination skin and that I am constantly battling the shine line down the middle of my face. It's the reason most foundations don't last on me and the reason I have to constantly think about touch ups during the day. Well I have recently stumbled upon some skin care products that seem to be keeping the shine at bay and I thought I would take the time to tell you so if you are in the same boat you can try it for yourself. It definitely  helps my makeup last longer and reduce the amount of touch ups required!! As I try out more and more of these products I do say  these will change as I have no doubt I will find more that suit but for now these are the ones I am favouring!!!



Cleansers
I never thought that keeping the shine at bay could be helped by simply changing up my cleanser. It makes sense now but it just had never occurred to me before. These cleansers  I switch between at the moment definitely have helped reduce the daily shine. My skin is less oily, it takes longer for the shine to appear and its definitely clearer.

Innoxa Skin+Clear Oil Free Clarifying Cleanser For Oily and Acne Prone Skin.
I picked this up when Innoxa where having a 50% off online sale. I had put the moisturiser of this line in my basket and thought well for 50% off may as well see how the cleanser goes. For me the synopsis on the packaging ticked all the boxes saying it is formulated to clear pores, reduce shine and breakouts. The formula contains Innoxa's tradmarked AC Net which targets the cause of breakouts, reduces appearance of excess oil and improves appearance of the skin tone. Combined with witch hazel to tone, refresh and purify the skin. It took a little bit to get used to at first the product itself is clear and quite runny and while it foams up on the skin it didn't really feel like it was doing anything. It was only after a couple of days that I realised that my skin was feeling less oily and post cleansing felt fresh and smooth. I experimented a little changing back to my old cleanser to see if it really made a difference and within a day I could see the shine line forming. So back to this I went and almost instantly my makeup was lasting longer and my skin was looking better.



Formula 10.0.6 Absolute Dream Clean Creamy Foaming Cleanser
 This was apart of three products from Formula10.0.6 that I won in an Instagram competition at the start of the year once again it was really the moisturiser I was after but I have since fallen for the cleanser as well. This is a really soft and creamy cleanser that removes makeup and impurities as well as defending against breakouts. Using cucumber and grape seed to freshens, invigorate and soothe the skin. While it doesn't claim to have any mattifying qualities I have definitely noticed a change in the oil production of my skin post use. Even when I switch between this and the Innoxa my skin is still soft, fresh and clear. Its a thick creamy formula that foams really well and feels soft and smooth on the skin its so gentle and my face feels so great after.



Olay Fresh Effects Shine Shine Go Away Shine Minimizing Cleanser
This is a sample size of the cleanser from this line that was a part of a pack of Olay products I bought. I was a little apprehensive at first given I haven't used a lot of Olay skin care before and when I squeezed the tube to reveal a greyish coloured cream I wasn't sure of what the results would be. Surprisingly it works and if I didn't have other products to try I would probably buy the full size!! It contains Koalin Clay which is the active ingredient that helps lift impurities and keep the shine at bay. I do enjoy using this one it foams well and is a great everday cleanser.




Moisturisers

OnShe Red Rice Mattifying Lotion
I no longer use this one and I'll tell you the reason why soon but I include it as this is the moisturiser that started me on the path to using products that helped reduce shine. Introduced to this via Bellabox I was intrigued use after use how it kept the shine at bay. Its such a light, quick drying absorbing and drying lotion that didn't feel like it was there let alone doing anything. I found it really helped keep the shine at bay and I loved that it did that and included an SPF 15. Now I am not sure if its the inclusion of the SPF or just the moisturiser itself but I found after a while that it didn't last a long time I couldn't get a whole day without the shine line coming back and I found that because of that my makeup during the day would slowly be degraded and I ended up have to reapply in order to get a few extra hours out of my makeup. It the sole reason I do not use this one anymore.



Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream
This was my second try at a mattfying cream and I picked it up during a sale at Priceline. I really had no idea how it would go but I really enjoy using it. A little thicker than the red rice lotion, I feel dry skin patches and skin overall is better hydrated. It still absorbs quickly and is powder light on the skin. I most definitely get a full no shine day post application.



Formula 10.0.6 Seriously Shine Free Mattifying Oil Free Moisturizer
This is my current pick at the moment and your probably sick of seeing in my instagram pics but it really hasn't left my cosmetics bag since I opened it and I use it everyday. Before I won this I had looked at it in priceline, read blog post raving about it and when it arrived I couldn't wait to finish my Garnier lotion before I opened it. It's the perfect consistency not to light or heavy and a little bit goes a long way, it hydrates as well as smooths the skin. Making for a great makeup base as well as everyday moisturiser. Ingredients include guarana, vitamin B3, salicylic acid to rechanrge the skin, help prevent excess oil, nourish and balance. A really great products I definitely get a full day shine free with this its really an easy and great product to use.



So that ends my first no time to shine post. I hope you have enjoyed reading this one I do feel that these products will change so I will update this as I find more products, I also want to tell you about the other shine free products that I use regularly as well so look out for that coming soon!!! If you have any suggestions of products I should try please comment below or on my Instagram!! Until next time Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!


Everlynne.



No comments:

Post a Comment