Sunday 28 September 2014

September Favourites!!!

Hey Readers, 
Hope this post finds you well!! September has come and gone so fast and this month has been quite busy. Early in the month saw changes to my work schedule and have seen me faced with little time to apply makeup in the morning so I have spent most of the month looking at quick and easy products to help do my makeup!!! I also made a small decision that its time I look at my makeup collection and sort the true loves from those just ok products. So I have been trying once again to shop my stash more rediscovering old favs, finding quick to apply products and starting to sort items that may just be ready to find a new home!!! These are the few products that have stood out this month



Maybelline New York Super Stay 24hr Makeup
This has been my go to foundation this month I have loved it from first try!! I know I raved in my last post but I just have to tell you about this again!! I picked this up around the same time as Maybelline's other new foundation the Super Stay Better skin. Thinking it would be interesting to compare the two but also thinking that the Better Skin would be the pick. While I liked the Better skin initially I realised after trying the 24hr that the Better skin takes a lot more work to get right and I find it doesn't last on my skin. So formula and application wise the 24hr wins hands down!! It just such a smooth foundation to apply, a little bit goes a long way and buffed into the skin the finish is flawless!! Its a medium coverage and you can build if you need to. It feels light on the skin, lasts all day. I get reasonable oil control and it doesn't slide off in the heat!!! The only area where it falls down and where I like the Better Skin better is a pump dispenser!! The twist cap revealing an open top bottle does get a little messy as pouring just the right amount on to your hand and not getting excess around the top!! 



Eyes Lips Face Blush Brush
I bought this brush ages ago and after deciding that it wasn't my fav for blush it has hung around in my brush holder for  a long time and I am not sure why I picked it out but I have found this month that this brush is great for bronzer and great for highlight!!! Its pointed tip and angled sides means that you get accurate application of bronzer into the hollows of the cheeks to contour and the side of the tip is small but fluffy and great for picking up product to highlight the cheeks as well it has been my go to this month and I wish I found this out earlier!!



Boe Beauty Bronzer in #1 St Tropez 
This was a random purchase when Boe was first released into Big W and I was intrigued to see if this cheaper makeup line was going to be any good but as usual I have so many other products on the go or waiting to be tried it kinda got pushed aside I think I tried it a couple of times but nothing to really form an opinion so in order to figure out if it stays or goes I put it in my makeup bag. Now I will say I was surprised by this it has a sheen/fine shimmer to it and in the pan it does look slightly orange but it is so smooth and blends so well and I have to say I have been using it to contour even with the shimmer. It gives a great glow to the skin and as a contour a great light but still defined face great for a no makeup look. Have been enjoying this it has spent most of the month in my makeup bag. Cannot wait to try more and as I have recently seen that this range is being expanded to a professional range I am interested to see whats on offer!!!



theBalm Cabana Boy
Despite being on of my most favourite blushes I do not use this to often. Sadly it was broken during transport and arrived to me partially smashed so it was a blush that I could only use at home as travelling with broken powder products usually ends in disaster!!! and I don't often do my makeup at home these days so it gets little use. However this month I have had a lot of day and night time weekend events so have been able to not only pick from my entire collection but bring out those products I can really only use at home!!! This deep raspberry pink gives such a gorgeous warm flush to the cheeks that I really enjoy,  it does require a light hand though as it is quite pigmented but its smooth and blends well lasting all day!! 



Savvy by DB Luxury Liner in the shade Brilliant Bronze
This has been my go to eyeliner this month. So quick and easy to apply as it just glides on and paired with shadow or on its own (when I am really pressed for time) it gives great natural definition to the eyes. The formula is soft so it blends easily as well as applying without tugging it is great for creating a wing and once set your liner stays all day!!!



So that ends my September favourites, I hope you enjoyed this post and are ready for the new month until next time Happy Reading and Happy Shopping!!!

Everlynne.



5 comments:

  1. Love the balms packaging a shame it broke! I hate that :c love to try the elf brush maybe soon c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely one blush that won't be finding a new home any time soon!!! If you are looking for e.l.f at reasonable prices try iHerb.com.

      Delete
  2. Hey there! Just wondering if the ELF brush is dense? I wanna pick up the angle blush brush from the same range but wanted to know if the quality is any good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Yes the bristles are quite dense still soft though and reasonable quality for the price!! Hope that helps

      Delete